Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Purchases, consequent sadness on account of silly decisions

SO.
Friday, I purchased The Pretty Things album called 'Parachute' and I have listened to one of the tracks on it called 'Grass' which is really great. It's a bit of a concept album, the predecessor to 'Parachute' was one of the first rock operas called 'S.F Sorrow' which I have listened to most of and have really loved actually. Anyway, I've not listened to concept-y type albums for a ridiculously long time. Kind of like, two years ago when I was listening to a looot of Mars Volta and King Crimson and stuff. Anyway, this record is really amazing apparently. Haven't had a chance yet to listen to it yet, but the record store man says it's great. And I trust his judgement. Thank you Nick-the-record-store-man.

Today, I have purchased something which I am so flipping excited about listening to. ALAS, here is my sadness, I have a 3000 word essay due on Thursday, which I've not finished but I want to finish it tonight (which is a day before it's due) so that tomorrow I can actually maybe go to sleep good and proper tomorrow night so I can actually remain conscious for the first time all semester in this class.
The sticker never told me the vinyl was red! What a crazy surprise for my little eyeballs.
The Boys Next Door record purchase of the day. This is the band that developed into The Birthday Party...WHOM I LURV. If you've not listened to Prayers on Fire, the album, listen. But yes, excited to hear this.

My brand spankin' new Autoluminescent dvd about Rowland S. Howard of The Boys Next Door (see above) and The Birthday Party (listen to Prayers on Fire). Must watch. Muuust. Waaatch.
 
So I told myself when I purchased this dvd, that I'm not allowed to watch it until I write 2000 words of my essay. So far, I am up to about 600, and it's 1:44am and I am pretty damn tired and would love to go to sleep. My aim for the night is to get to 1500 words, and then I'll go to sleep I think. I just need to finish writing about Bartok is all. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Then I'll do a crapload of work at uni tomorrow, so I can come home, watch this doco, have a nap, maybe watch it again, and sleep for a long time. Then hand in my essay! Which I should be writing! Write now! Right now!

I hate uni so much right now.

Going to the south coast in a couple of weeks though. Before I die of Sydney overdose.

But right now, I'm going to write now. Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment