Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Today's adventures and the song of the day!

So I actually started back at university today...but it was just wind band, which is compulsory for my course (I'm studying classical flute, hahahah, yeup) so I didn't have any classes. It was actually okay, the girls who I was in band with last year have gone, which is great, because I felt really intimidated by them, so I actually kind of enjoy wind band now. I didn't think that could happen, but alas, it has. For one week anyway.

So I went to the post office before hopping on a bus to venture into the city, as I have put together little package of cd's for my dear cousin, Nick, with stuff that I haven't been able to stop listening to like The Horrors, The Sonics, The Cramps, The Jesus and Mary Chain etc. etc. Anyway, after giving her the package to weigh, this conversation followed, she's going to be POW (post office woman, not prisoner of war):
POW: Are you Mexican?
Me: No, I'm actually half Greek.
POW: Yeeeah you do have a Greek nose...don't worry, it's good

I told her I didn't think so, at which point she saw the bag of cookies (chocolate chip cookies stuffed with oreos to be precise) that I was holding that my dear friend gave me. I offered the POW a cookie. She didn't want it.

It was really hilarious.

Anyway, so I went to the record store today in the city for the first time in like, months. And I got a record by The Rationals called 'Out on the Floor'. Yeahyeah Hobbes, it's a collection of songs rather than an album, but I wanted to get it okaaaay! The first track is so kickin', so here it is folks, the song of the day! Also, enjoy the rest of the coming week, I feel like this semester is not going to be as traumatic as I had originally thought..excellent!


Leavin' Here-The Rationals

No comments:

Post a Comment