Friday, August 9, 2013

dayum gurl

"Stop thinking about art works as objects, and start thinking about them as triggers for experiences. (Roy Ascott’s phrase.) That solves a lot of problems: we don’t have to argue whether photographs are art, or whether performances are art, or whether Carl Andre’s bricks or Andrew Serranos’s piss or Little Richard’s ‘Long Tall Sally’ are art, because we say, ‘Art is something that happens, a process, not a quality, and all sorts of things can make it happen.’ … What makes a work of art ‘good’ for you is not something that is already ‘inside’ it, but something that happens inside you — so the value of the work lies in the degree to which it can help you have the kind of experience that you call art." — Brian Eno

I feel like there is a lot changing in my life, and it's super cussing rad. I can feel friendships that I was once holding onto with iron fists slowly slipping from my grasp, and I actually feel so good about it. I've discovered with absolute clarity the people I don't need in my life because they cause me WAY too much stress, and I get stressed out enough at my job as it is...not even joking though. So I don't need like real life drama people stress ew no get away from me. It's actually one of the most liberating things doing this. As well as some friendships leaving my shores (HAHAHAHHAH I'M SO PUNNY IT HURTS), new ones and very old ones that were in a way lost at sea (oh lord, stop) have been sailing back in, and I welcome them.

Creatively I am absolutely BURSTING AT DA SEAMS and that is such a fun thing, I'm in the middle of recording another two tracks for my Mid-Mid-Life Crisis record, which is unbelievably, fantastically but most of all quite appallingly low-fi. Only a very select few will be able to hear it and I will also make some copies and sneak it into some books and/or records as well for some unlucky person to pick up and get really sore ears from ha ha. But basically loving my lame life. TO DA EXTREME. AND GUYS I'M DOING SOME REALLY BAD WATERCOLOUR DRAWINGS BUT DEY ARE WAY TOO FUN TO BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT AND STOP. I'm actually so proud of them. Watercolours are truly da best.

Here are some photos of myself, some of which I am holding significant contributors to my happiness at this exact moment of 1:18am on Saturday morning of the 10th of August.

SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTOR::::


no.1-my dirty eye make up face


 no.2-my lame but actually really cute face

no.3-THIS BOOK. HYES.

 no.4-this glass Cocola cup I got from Maccas with my meal!!


 no.5-Cocola glass+my face=yes



 no.6-my "hi I'm really happy about everything" face


no.7-MY SPIKE JONZE COLLECTION HERE I COME BABY



 no.8-my "I'm an adorable puppy dog, I love myself" face



The end. 
Oh, no. 9-definitely dat new green singlet that I am sporting in the above pictures. I also got this hella rad skirt but my bootie is so bootielicious it's finding it kind of difficult to survive within the vicinity of the skirt comfortably.

Really, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment