Thursday, November 15, 2012

What is a rainbow lord? A hoop, for the lowly.

I'm sitting on my bed, contemplating the universe and the weekend and writing an essay on Liszt and Tchaikovsky for my friend (I couldn't even write my own essays this semester, but can write someone else's?) and listening to the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band and am just so excited for tomorrow, when I get to see a few people who are really important to me, and actually just drown myself in beautiful music and bands and shows and it's going to be absolutely COSMIC.

I just finished reading Dharma Bums by the infinite Jack Kerouac and it was actually one of the most incredible things I have ever read. 

Probably my most favourite thing he says is:
"Though the flesh be bugged, the circumstances of existence are pretty glorious"

And also the thing about the rainbow being a hoop. I was properly enlightened and have been changed forever. 

I've just started to read Huxley's Brave New World and it's already mind blowing and I'm only about 15 pages in.  

Tomorrow I pick up the boy. We drive down (probably listening to Cat Power's new record, which I purchased yesterday, eep) to see my delicious cousin sing while his brother plays guitar with a cello bow. We drive back up to see the Laurels and my darlings who I've not seen in almost two months. We come home and sleep. The day after we go to Harvest festival where we will see Mike Patton's Mondo Cane, The Black Angels, Grizzly Bear, Liars, Beirut and of course, Sigur Ros. Weep. 

I also got an undercut last night, which is really super fun and feels good I just feel up the back of my neck all the time.



Smell of Incense-West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band

and also




Eighteen is Over the Hill-West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band



UGH. So cussin' glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment